mandag 2. november 2009

Case 6+7 report

Case 6

This case revolved about designing new backgrounds and characters. Another thing we had to do was to think about our concept based on how much programming was needed and difficulty. I have now realized I have a lot to do, even if I am only working on a demo version, but I am by no means intimidated by the amount of work. If anything, it inspires me to work harder, if only to see how it will work, or if it even works at all. Another aspect of the case was to "sell" the concept here on the blog, which I feel I have already done in earlier posts.



In starting with this case, I considered this to be a break from the harder programming cases, as I had already created a lot of characters and backgrounds back in case 1. I also thought that this case is more individual, so I did not really sit down with the group to exchange ideas, or discuss already conceived ideas. In hindsight, this might have been a poor choice, since it could have contributed a lot to both my, and others' work. Then again, no-one really took any initiative to do this, and I think most probably thought like me. However, except for mondays, I don't see members of my group very often, so I cannot say that nobody did later.



Case 7



The main objective of the case was making semi-intelligent enemies. I say semi-intelligent because they are only supposed to follow the hero, and that is it. Possibly the hardest programming case yet for many, although I did not really think so. The only really new problem was that we were supposed to make a new class for it, and getting said class to communicate with the main class. Thus, we had to learn what a parameter is, and how to use it. The instructors in the lab on Thursday did a very good job at explaining it, and I had no real problems after that.



This monday's group meeting was uninteresting, really. I cannot even remember most of what we talked about, so there clearly were no good ideas or possible solutions to the case, and after starting up, it seemed like everyone just did their own thing, and nobody asked anyone for help or anything. Maybe that was just me doing that, but nevertheless, this meeting was, for me, just sitting around and doing something in Flash. I am not one to say that everybody did so, but I feel that I didn't get anything out of the meeting.



Anyway, I managed to finish the case, and I now have a sheep following the Hero.



/end report



Okay, we have been told to be more formal and "report-like" in our reports, but I honestly have no idea how to go about doing that. This report was an attempt to do just that, and I probably failed miserably, but I try.. Oh well, I'll get it right someday.



Oh, and here's the results, the life system is a bit f'***ed up, but once you hit the sheep, it should be okay. You've got 3 lives.


Side-scroller game WIP by ~Andbja on deviantART

1 kommentar:

  1. Fint skrevet, men ta en titt på Lars sin "Case 7" for mer inspirasjon til hvordan strukturere bloggen. http://litebatteri.blogspot.com/

    Godkjent

    SvarSlett